Tibet time: loading...
Share |

Tibet Travel Permits and Chinese Visa

Time: 2012-02-16 21:06:16

TTB Permit (Tibet Entry Permit) and PSB Permit (Aliens' Travel Permit) are two main permits needed for traveling in Tibet. TibetDiscovery.com can help you obtain these travel permits easily.

TTB Permit - Tibet Entry Permit

All foreign tourists and Taiwan tourists must apply for a Tibet Entry Permit issued by the TTB (Tibet Tourism Bureau) for entry to Lhasa or any other parts of the Tibet Autonomous Region.

When you fly into Lhasa you will need to show TTB Permit when checking in at the airport. Furthermore, you need to show this permit whenever you buy a flight or train ticket to Lhasa. The TTB permit is also needed by groups traveling by land cruiser, but this will be arranged by the travel agency organizing the trip.


TTB Permit - Tibet Entry Permit

PSB Permit - Aliens' Travel Permit

By far, much of the Tibetan Autonomous Region outside Lhasa prefecture-level district is officially closed to foreign individual visitors. If you want to explore these "unopened" places, you must further apply for a PSB Permit, which is issued by the Local Public Security Bureau (PSB) of Tibet.

If you attempt to travel outside of Lhasa without PSB Permit and are stopped by the police, you will be sent out of Tibet, and could face legal difficulties. Meanwhile, the travel agency which helped you obtain the permit could also face sanctions.


PSB Permit - Alien Travel Permit

Important Issues about Tibet Travel Permits

You have to tell us your real occupation because journalists and people involving in political matters (such as diplomats and government officials) require more complicated procedures to be issued a permit.
All kinds of people can get Tibet permit through a travel agency except diplomats, journalists, and government officials who need to contact the Foreign Affairs Office of Tibet Government to arrange a permit.
It's advisable to apply for your travel permits at least 10 days prior to your entry date.
After you have got a TTB Permit, your travel agency can buy the air/train tickets for you. And only with the permit in hand can you pass the airport check-in counter.
Beware that no travel agency can provide "permit-only" service according to the Tibet Government and Tibet Tourism Bureau. A MUST service includes vehicle and tour guide. So if you don't book any tour from us, we cannot help you get any Tibet permits.
It will cost us 3-5 working days to get the travel permits if you could supply the full necessary documents in time.
We never SELL a permit. We only help you obtain a permit from local authorities.
Only the tour guide could hold the TTB Permit after you establish yourself on Tibet land. You may not carry it by yourself or travel with it to anywhere in Tibet. PSB Permit is required for travel outside of Lhasa.
Since the government encourages group tours to Tibet the permit is issued only to tour groups traveling with a Chinese tour operator. Your travel agency will represent you to facilitate the application process.

Other Documents

You need to hold a valid passport and a valid Chinese visa (issued by a Chinese Embassy). You can apply for a Chinese visa in a Chinese Embassy in your country. It is generally better not to mention Tibet when applying for a Chinese visa (not applicable for Chinese Embassy in Nepal).
If you want to enter Tibet via Kathmandu, Nepal, you'd better get Chinese visa from Kathmandu as no matter you've already got the visa in your country or not, you must get a GROUP visa in Kathmandu, which is an official agreement between China and Nepal.
If you want to travel into sensitive borders such as Mt. Kailash and Eastern Tibet, a Military Permit is required. Military Permit is only available in Lhasa, where processing takes several days.

Your Name:

Your E-mail:
Entry Date
Number Of People
Your Questions

Tibet Permit
Tibet Travel Permit

About Us | Contact Us | What People Say | How To Pay | Privacy & Security | Disclaimer | Terms & Conditions | Links      © Copyright Tibetan Trip 2014. All rights reserved.

Tibet Enjoyable Travel Service Co., Ltd.       No.1 Minzu Road, Lhasa, Tibet       E-mail: sales@tibetantrip.com  tibetantrip@hotmail.com       Tel: 86-28-82760347